Eastleigh Constituency Labour Party has over 500 members, affiliated members and supporters. It comprises of four branches; Town Branch; Bishopstoke, Fair Oak and Horton Heath Branch; Hedge End, West End and Botley Branch and Hamble, Netley and Bursledon Branch.
We are increasingly hearing from many in our community who are struggling to meet basic daily obligations like rent, food, travel and education for our children. Within Eastleigh Constituency Labour Party our various branches are actively working to try to continue to provide services that help all members of our community.
Nationally we are strongly against:
- The selling off of Council homes and the subsequent expansion of privately rented accommodation which requires the most vulnerable to pay disproportionate amounts of income on rent to cover the profit factor to a private landlord.
- The selling off of the NHS and its contributory services and the subsequent requirement to meet shareholder profits.
- The selling off of educational provision including higher education - resulting in some of the highest fees (and subsequent debt for young people).
- The selling off of Royal Mail, Railways and other services central to the well being of our community which have led to short term goals of profit for share holders in preference to long term investment and fairer prices for those who rely on these services.
- Austerity measures that have penalised the poor - in particular the imposition of the bedroom tax, the withdrawal of housing benefit for the under 25s and the closure of government services, such as Children’s Centres, Libraries and the Educational Maintenance Allowance.
To fight for these causes and a more equal society join today.